wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Saturday, July 17, 2004

God Bless Cell Phones

So, a couple times in the past month or two I have caught the ass end of a song on WFNX that I loved but could never find out who it was. I was always driving and/or not knowing the phone number for FNX. Their website used to list each song played and the time, but no longer does. I damn near gave up when tonight on our way back from Boca Grande and my raiding of the Brookline Trader Joe's for Lime Juice to make Iced Jasmine Lime Tea (as they serve at the once banned, now frequented Peet's Tea & Coffee) I catch the ass end again. This time I am a passenger and I call information. I get the request line and dial. Rings... Rings... The song ends... Rings... Rings... Finally someone picks up and I ask. Wouldnt you friggin know, its a band I've almost downloaded and/or purchased about 100 times in the past month or two... Postal Service's album Give Up. The song is "Such Great Heights" its a poppy-electro-synth-emo concoction that I know my friend Libby is obsessed with as well.
postalservice
Originally uploaded by duckydale.

3 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so I was behind in my Dan Blog reading but, better late than never.


OH MY GOD. You hadn't yet heard the Postal Service? I do, in fact, love them beyond belief. For over six months that CD did not leave my car stereo.n I have my friend Jackie to thank for the obsession.

Did you get the CD? Do you love it? I need to listen to it now.

xoxo,
Libby

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger duckyxdale said...

Libby, I do in fact love the cd. I got it from iTunes and have listened to it maybe 25 times in the past 2 weeks. An instant classic!

And you have to love that there is an homage to Human League on "Nothing Better"

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I love that song. I could listen to it over and over and over again.

Stephen and I are off to Australia today! Woo hoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home