wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Monday, November 07, 2005

IKEA opens in 2 days!

Finally, IKEA hits Boston! It’s only been coming to one location or another for the past 7 years – most of us never thought the day would actually come. We’d stop into the NJ store on the way back from the South or from Jersey. We’d stop at the New Haven store which opened a year or two ago because it was the closest, but it will now be in my backyard! I love that – especially because I have a couple hundred in gift cards to IKEA still sitting around – which are burning a hole in my pocket. You will be spent and soon…

Here’s my fear though… I used to love Target, was a huge fan and supporter of the store. They got whole paychecks of mine back in the day and once they did their mega Massachusetts blast, opening like 100 stores on one day, the novelty and quality of the store went downhill. It seriously now seems like a Wal-Mart to me, and I don’t go to Wal-Mart. I just hope IKEA doesn’t fall to that same problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home