wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

J. Crew Stops Sale of Fur!


About a month ago I started blasting people with boycott J. Crew emails because the one time cool clothier began selling Fur with their winter collection when it was announced 11 weeks ago. Since that day, Peta has been trying to kick their asses and I joined the fight quickly. Before you could chant your first verse of anger, jcruel.com was up and running!

I created these shirts on cafepress and they were removed. I received a copyright/trademark violation email from them. I had to finagle it but I got the shirts back on there just in time for J. Crew to stop selling fur (whine for me/ yeah for the announcement) which is amazing! After 11 weeks of protest, J. Crew annouced on November 30th that they will stop selling all fur products and have pledged to be fur-free going forward.

Some people bitch about Peta, but I love that their quick action (and possibly yours) helped force J.Crew to stop in such a short period of time. 11 weeks is amazing action folks, congrats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home