wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Amber Alert

So I heard my first live Amber Alert on the radio this afternoon. It's kind of scary to hear. It comes in the form of that horribly obnoxious buzzing noise that is followed by a State Trooper informing the public of who is missing and all the information involved. I know I live in a big city, but having grown up in small town suburbia it instantly kicked in this small town mentality where this girl needs to be found, let's form a human chain and dredge the lake. Call out the dogs, let's do street by street sweeps.
Then they said she was not a little kid and that she (now being a late teen)left with 2 possible gangs members and I was like, eh... And we're back in the big city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home