wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Unemployed and Overwhelmed

I swear, being unemployed is hard work. Dang. Yesterday I met with a placement agency and had to do those evil software tests (word, excel, powerpoint, math, spelling, typing). The room I had to work in was like 30 degrees below zero so my nimble fingers were not so limber and my typing speed sucked. They should really look into a warmer room as they could begin losing business based on the lower speed scores because clients fingers couldnt warm up. Darn. Then I went and saw my friend Eric's store (he manages a Kinko's in the financial district). Then I went and had coffee with my friend PJ and then saw her office (cute). Then I went down to Emerson and my friend Tom took me to Buddah's for lunch (yum, Buddah's and super dooper, it was free!). Then I walked home, called unemployment services and filed a claim.

Today I woke up and went to the gym at 6:30am (I know, right? I'm unemployed, sleep in). I then hit Star Market in Copley to get cat food and some lemons. I walked home, showered, ate breakfast and it was almost 9am. The day was shot. Kidding. I then looked at some job stuff online, cleaned up around the house and had some lunch.

I called in the 3 allergy prescriptions I have for refills so that I have them before my insurance runs out. I also made a hair appointment for Thursday at 12 with Melanie, my punk rock stylist. I also have set up lunch plans for Friday with Stacie, who is the director of Career Services at Emerson and also a friend. She's faboo and hopefully will help get me a jobby job.

I then remembered that two movies I wanted to see came out on DVD today so I went out in search of the best rental deal. I know a couple places we belong throw specials your way, but not sure which one did a 2-for-1 deal. I was at West Coast in the South End and they had both of my movies, but no special other than 3 for $9.99. I dont want three and I'm on a budget, so while in line to check out I called Mike's Movies 2 blocks over and they are having 2-for-1 tuesday. See ya! I head on over to Mike's and damnit, they dont have "I'm Not Scared" but they did have the remake of "Dawn of the Dead". Now mind you, in more stable economic times, I would have just hit Newbury Comics and purchased them both, but being unemployed and all... So, I rented "DOTD" and for a freebie i went with my boyfriend Ryan Gosling in "United States of Leland." I'll let you know how they go.

There is this overwhelming guilt that I should be spending every minute of my unemployed day searching for a job, but you can only look at so many of the same listings on 4 diferent sites for so long without wanting to hang yourself at the chance of no possibilities. I'll watch horror movies instead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home