wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Ashes, gone with the wind?

Remember the opening of the Ashes EP "Hiding Places"? No, probably not unless you are my friend Libby reading this. Well, it starts with an amazing sample from the Stephen King movie "IT". It's great and it reminded me of how there was a period around 92-94 where every hardcore band put movie samples in their albums. It was great fun.

What ever happened to Elena from Ashes? I just googled her and its not promising. I did find however a listing of an Elena Ritchie that is part of Enormous Productions here in Cambridge! Could it be the one time hardcore boy fantasy lives here in my city? I'll email the listing on their site and see if its her. How fun would that be?

3 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Elena, she had such power over the boys. She'd wiggle those hips and they would be drooling all over the pit. It was such a love/hate relationship we grrrls and fags had with her, eh? Luckily, I added that CD to my MP3 collection before it was lost forever in the L/S breakup of 2002. I have it here with me in Kentucky, on my iPod, and will listen to it this morning :)

xoxo,
Libby

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

any luck with this? I just googled Elena and all I found was you (no offense...I just mean no real info on what happened after ashes).

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She left Ashes and went to Brown University...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home