wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

It's 12:41, Do You Know What I Am Listening To?

Concrete Blonde
Recollection: The Best of

Before they got all Aztech Earth Mother on me, Concrete Blonde was a seminal part of the late 80's alternative. They were essential to my crossing over from pop to anything near alternative when I was entering High School. Before hardcore/sxe (for me) was 80's Alt Rock (Sonic Youth, Husker Du, Janes Addiction, The Replacements, Soul Asylum, The B52's, The Cure, depeche mode, etc.) and Conrete Blonde was the first show I ever saw at Lost Horizons (I think). They played a free show at the Lost when I was like 15 and they just rocked. I love girls that kick ass and look as if they could kill you with one glance and Jeanette Napolitano has that look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home