wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Sleep Study - Post #1

Did I tell you that I’ve applied to be in a 7 day sleep study at Beth Israel? It pays between $800 and $1300 depending on which group you are put into. Regardless, I will be in the hospital for 6 nights/7 days. There is the possibility that I will have to stay awake for 88 hours straight (Group A). If I am chosen for Group B, then I will be sleeping a regular schedule of 11pm to 7am each day. Obviously, the less you sleep the more you get paid. As we all know, I am unemployed, so bring on the no sleep for 88 hours money!

So, as of now I am scheduled to hit the hospital on Dec. 7th. Today was my second meeting with them, today was blood work, a urinalysis, and a nutritionist meeting. It was fun, they seem really cool. The nurse i met was a riot. The doctor was cute (Dr. Daniel Cohen). T he nutritionist was a blast as well. She told me about how one of the Beth Israel Doctor's was killed while riding his bike to work one day. She said it in a "those crazy Boston drivers don't care who's on the road" kinda way which was funny but not. I think her quote was "You know it's rough biking in Boston if the Doctor's are the first one's killed." Huh.

So, as long as nothing in their "see ya later" criteria shows up in my blood work, then I move on to the stress test which is some treadmill work and then I am sleep or sleepless bound for a week. How fun!

I've been informed numerous times that there will be various and many things attached to my person during my stay. I will have 7 electrodes thoughout my body (chest, arms, legs, head), 2 catheters/IV's (for blood drawing and possible drug or placebo injections), an anal thermometer that will be in the whole time, and some finger cuff like things that take my blood pressure every hour. Did I mention the anal thermometer?

More updates as I find them.

1 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait? What?? This can't be good for Jon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home