wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Get Ready, it's Harry Potter Time!


Okay so I am a total spaz. I will be attending a Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince party tonight in Newton. It's held by Newtonville Bookstore, which is a small independent bookstore with the best party planned ever. Tom Perrotta (author of Election and Little Children) will be reading from the Potter books. While I thought Little Children was somewhat disappointing, Election is an amazingly funny book and film. Also, Kay Hanley is performing and I just love her. In case you're not in the know, she was the lead singer of Letters to Cleo (from Boston) and is now living in LA. Her last solo effort was incredible. There will be scar painting, wizard hat making, drinks and snacks! If nothing else, it will be a hoot to see which kids dress up. And no, not me.

So I just finished reading a 20 page synopsis of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix because to tell the truth after 2 years it gets a little rusty. We've been told in preparation for this 6th book that there will be death of a main character. It had me thinking. They wouldnt dare kill Hermione because she is an amazingly strong female character and young girls I am sure look up to her. Ron wont die because he's comic relief. So who? Dumbledore? Is he alive anyway? He's like 1000 years old or something. As I read the synopsis it hit me though, it will be Harry Potter's Aunt Petunia. As prophecised, as long as a he can call her house home for some part of the year he is protected from Voldemort because Petunia is a blood link to Harry's Mother. Petunia must die before the end of book six so that by the final book, Harry is on the lam - exposed and forced into the final battle of his life. Oh yeah, I figured it out.

What if J.K. Rowling turns the Potter series into the Horror factor? In horror movies whenever an innocent teen loses their virginity they ultimately die. Will a character lose it at Hogwarts this term? Will that be the death of them? Is Voldemort really Jason Vorheese?

I'll post pics from the HP Party later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home