wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Monday, June 27, 2005

The Get Up Kids - Farewell Tour


Saturday night I was overjoyed as well as saddened to witness the second to last TGUK show ever. Since 1997 I’ve been a dedicated and super loyal fan of these boys. Having seen them a total of 6 times (hey, I’m 31 – that’s pretty good for an old guy) I am happy to say that they did not disappoint in my 6th and final experience. In a mega-2 hour set the now no-longer “kids” rocked The Palladium to an obscene number of fans young (and I do mean youuuuuung) and old (including parents).

Barely touching on their great but TGUK-light last album “The Guilt Show” they blew me away with more oldies that I ever could have hoped for. Touching on a couple ditties from their entire discography it was 120 minutes of power, passion, excitement, and emotion on this, their second to last show EVER! They played numbers from their first 7”s as well as my favorite covers, The Cure’s “Close to Me” and The Replacements “Beer For Breakfast.” I was a sweaty and frazzled fanboy throughout. Screaming my lungs out, rocking emo-style, and feeling like a little kid - I witnessed the end of an incredible band that moved me for the last eight years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home