wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Office Elevator of Death


Office Elevator of Death
Originally uploaded by duckydale.
So there is this one sole elevator in the bank of elevators that go to the floor I work on. This one special elevator is express if you will. It only heads on up to this one floor and higher. So it breezes past all the unnecessary floors which I love. That is until those rare occasions (about twice a week) where this sole elevator door opens, you press L for Lobby and the damn thing hurls you to the Lobby so fast that there is honestly a second or two where I question whether it will slam into the ground pushing my legs through my brain killing me instantly. I know, paranoid much? I can't help it. I even go as far as to hold the railing and bend at the knees slightly just in case we make a hard landing. You don't know!

This tin can is a death trap if you're asking me. If there's a security camera in there, they all must huddle around when they see me enter! Juanita will say to Abdhul, "Now watch him bend at the knees... HAHAHA!" Damn them and their surveillance voyeurism! You think I'm crazy but if you are waiting for this death cab (and not for Cutie) while in the Lobby, the wind whushes and howls through those doors as you wait. Hair feathers, cheeks sucks back and teeth are exposed as the G-Force builds in the elevator shaft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home