wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Monday, September 06, 2004

Jesus Christ, or the Passion there of...

So I just finished watching the David Koresh story about a bunch of people that followed and believed in a deranged man. Wait, no... I just finished watching The Passion of the Christ. Are the similiarities not there? I mean, am I wrong in thinking that cult leaders are really no different than Jesus? Think about it, its a man who thinks his shit don't stink that is arrogant enough to think that every word coming out of his mouth is gospel and people are eating it up like flies. People blindly believe in his so called powers and lineage, yet there is no proof. He tells everyone to drink of his blood after he is gone, to eat of his flesh so that he lives on. It sounds culty to me, no?
Regardless of faith or lack there of, The Passion is a very anti-climactic film don't you think? We know the ending, it's like watching Titanic. The boat sinks folks, no big mystery here? Mel Gibson, M. Night you aint. I felt the worst for the poor guy crucified next to Jesus (screen left) that got his eye pecked out by that crow. Come on, is it not bad enough that he's been crucified and is alive, then a crow's gotta take a shot. Why was everyone up in arms about blaming Jews, blame the person that didn't think to put those little metal spike's that sit on windowsills of buildings on that cross. That crow would try to land and OUCH! At least the crow would have got pricked as well. I mean, his arms are staked down for Christ's sake he couldn't shoo that bird away. "Go get Jesus, he's dying for our sins..." CAW CAW!
I just don't get the point of the film. If I wanted to watch two hours of torture, New York Minute just came out on dvd last week. I got it Mel, it was rough. It was rough. My word with the whipping. They even whipped that man that was helping Jesus carry that cross. What did he do other than help? Give a brother a break.
Oh my god, and what was with that scary bald man that was always circling? He first showed in the beginning in the "screen is blue, it must be nighttime" scene asking Jesus who his father was? That man was scary. OH! And what about that beast thing that jumped out at Judas when Jesus fell from the cliff and stopped short? That was some hell beast or something. The unexplained was killing me in this movie. What in same hell was that thing? I replayed that scene 4 times trying to figure out what it was. I think it was a ghost image like the person that hung themselve on the set of 3 Men and a Baby. Please let me know what it was and what hell mouth it climbed out of.
Jon summed it up best when one hour in, he went to bed... "This movie's not interesting."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home