wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Monday, October 04, 2004

It's October, Listen...

So far these are the sounds of fall in my head, or at least in my ipod:

Jimmy Eat World - Futures
Frou Frou - Details
R.E.M. - Around the Sun
Walking Concert - Run to be Born
Eighteen Visions - Obsession
The Used - In Love and Death
Cowboy Junkies - Platinum & Gold Collection: The Best
My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge


I know its random, but what can I tell you? I got advance copies of both Jimmy Eat World and R.E.M.. Jimmy is of course earth shattering. REM is luke warm, its familiar and soothing but might be on the verge of adult contemporary.

Walking Concert is the new effort from ex-hardcore god, Walter Schreifels (Quicksand). It's so different from his Quicksand/Rival School efforts, it's much more Paul Westerberg/Ryan Adams. It's a great fall sound, and he's still hot.

I've been obsessed with Frou Frou since I saw Garden State, she's damn good. Eighteen Visions, The Used, and My Chemical Romance are screaming wonders for autumn. And you just have to love The Cowboy Junkies... I mean, come on... I grew up in the late eighties, early nineties and they are seminal.

That's me. What are you listening to this month? Please post in the comment section. I like sharing music information.

2 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, it's (no so anonymously) jennifer c.
i'm listening to:
wet from birth - the faint
the futureheads
ambulance - lp
a girl called eddy
call and response - winds take no shape
promise ring - wood/water

i really like that frou frou album too - especially "hear me out". looking forward to the new JEW album. too lazy to download it right now so i'll just wait til it comes out. also looking forward to the new ted leo album.

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, so what i'm listening to is rather random:

1. Scandalous- Mis-Teeq (i know...but whatever)
2. Redneck Woman-Gretchen Wilson-no other reason then "she's hot".
3. Jimmy Eat World- Pain single and their last CD because I'm not privy to a pre-release.
4. REM- Around the World
5. And on rotation when I get put on doubles at work: Linkin Park, Taking Back Sunday, Sarah Mclachlan (Felicity much)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home