wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Quit with the Remakes!!!!


Quit with the Remakes!!!!
Originally uploaded by duckydale.
It is unacceptable that Hollywood remake certain films. The most recent to enrage me is the urban remake of "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House", starring Cary Grant and Myrna Loy, which has quite possibly one of the best lines of dialogue ever uttered on film involving the use of color in a house. It’s a genius film with laugh out loud moments and sentiment that still holds up today. The writing is impeccable and the humor raw (even for 1940). This is not the first time this film has been remade; a loose adaptation was made in the 80’s (the very funny Money Pit starring Tom Hanks and Shelly Long). So why am I bitching? Well, in the 80’s I didn’t know the far superior "Mr. Blandings" existed. If I did… The Money Pit would have been banned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home