wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Death Cab for Cutie - Plans


I'll admit that I resisted the Death Cab taxi ride until a couple years ago. Though they've been around since 1997, they were always the it of it bands that I just never hailed and got into. Then one day I actually sat down and listened... wow, what a fucking idiot I was! DCFC is possibly one of the smartest and most emotionally in tune emo bands out there. They're mix of classic emo with progressive electonica type backbeats really sets them apart from the rest. Not to metion Ben is half responsible for The Postal Service which was easily my favorite album in the last two years.

The first single "Soul Meets Body" has a chorus that is straight out of Sunny Day Real Estate's plot of land. Ben's voice actually reaches Enigk proportions at times and if DCFC wants to play it that way, I'm even more into it as Sunny Day will always have a space in my heart.

Damn these kids are good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home