wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Potter Withdrawl

For real I’m in like Hogwarts Depression, someone call Madame Pomfrey STAT! Since finishing the sixth book, I’ve not really wanted to leave that world and I’m hesitant to pick up another read. I think I am going to head out today at lunch and buy Book 4 and start from there, rereading 4-6 to sustain my Potter fix.

Book 4 is really where the story goes into Maximum Overdrive and you notice that the homeless woman gone gold really may be on to something. From the Tri-Wizard Tournament to death and eventually romance, the story just became more serious and dangerous in tone. Book 4 proved that she is willing to go over the edge and tackle the dark recesses of the Potter world and to not worry about scaring or alienating any of the wholesome and itty bitty readers. Book 4 is like a friggin tome with its hefty page count and plot development. After finishing Book 6 you realize how important Book 4 was in the whole lineage and I still think it may be my favorite so far.

I-MUST-GO-BACK-TO-HOGWARTS – DAMN YOU VOLDEMORT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home