wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Kicking and Screaming - Kickball Begins!



I haven’t really told many people, but Jon started a kickball team for the Minutemen Division of the World Adult Kickball Association (WAKA). I know, right? Kickball – are you fucking serious. Oh I am folks and I am damn good - you don’t know!

Our team is called KICKING AND SCREAMING and consists of 25 players – of which 24 have some association or relation (Leslie Ellis School and spouses or friends) and 1 outsider who hopefully won’t feel too out of place while I’m kicking some ass out on the field!

We play for 8 weeks in Somerville and then we have 2 weeks of playoffs. It’s going to be hysterical out there. This is not some group of spry 21 year olds, I would say our average age is a good 33 and most of us have not played a sport in 20 years if we’ve played one ever! But, we do have some super sporty guys. Andy is a footy player from the Outback. John K. currently plays on a softball league and I’m pretty sure Pete and one of the other John’s is uber-sporty – they’ll be the hard asses… I expect one if not all of them to defend my honor at some point this season. God knows my big mouth will more than likely cause one fracas.

I created a website for the team, so please head on over and check it out. Right now, there is not much content, but as the season kicks off tonight, there will be pictures and bios and stats and our team standing within the league so please come back for updates!

If you’d like to come see us play, please check out the schedule page for dates and times. There will also be directions to the field so you don’t get lost along the way!

Oh my god, I’m playing an organized sport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home