wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Political Overload?

My friend Jen has posted on her blog that she is sick of the political overload that has been saturating the media. She knows it is only going to get worse and wishes for a "political free" channel (very excellent post by the way Jen).

Now, I am not one to disagree that there is an oversaturation and I completely agree with her thoughts on overlooked local and state elections and bowties, but I have to say that I think the political overload is necessary and a great thing right now. I am so worried that people will still vote for GWB that I wish propaganda could be driven around the streets, piped into each home, spoon fed to children in their Ovaltine or as Jen suggested bribery through pumpkin pancakes (delish).

I actually feel like this is an election that people are taking stock in. I actually feel like part of the process this time. I actually feel important in making this decision. I actually think John Kerry has a chance. I mean, he has my vote regardless of what he does/thinks/says at this point. If he raped a kitten tomorrow while smoking crack after de-tusking an elephant I would still vote for him. Realistically, the only thing that would deter me is if he publically beat a baby seal to death then used that dead seal to start beating all the gays he could find.

My point is, without the oversaturation, I fear middle america will not be informed of any party issues. Without saturation, middle america will blindly support this President and this war which was proven to have been started under false pretenses. I mean, Hello folks, Iran (n, not q) yesterday was found to have enough materials to start building nuclear weapons and Osama is still missing, but thank god we have Saddam.

I'm over worrying that GWB will be reelected. I am over the damn magnetic ribbons on cars, which is a whole 'nother story. I am over Dick Cheney and his lesbian daughter. I am over it. Let's get to November and President Kerry already, can we?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home