wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

He's 45 & He's Got the "Power"

I’m on the train this morning listening to the light and soothing sound of Keane on my Ipod. A stubby woman has wedged her way into the seat next to me prompting me to look up at her with glaring eyes from the “paper” – The Metro. Back Bay, more file into the not so crowded for a Tuesday morning car. We head toward New England Medical.

“Everybody’s Changing” comes to a close and I faintly hear it. “duh-na dit dit dit dit dit dit duh-na-na-na dit dit dit dit dit…” I look up. No, it can’t be! Who would listen to that? And that LOUD? I pause my Ipod.

“duh-na dit dit dit dit dit dit duh-na-na-na dit dit dit dit dit I GOT THE POWER!”

From the gay man’s ears standing over me billows the 90’s one hit wonder stylings of SNAP and I’m blown away.

“Heeeeeyyyyyy yeah yeah yeah… I GOT THE POWER!”

I crack a smile and chucle! This is hilarious. As I look glance back down I notice the girl across from me noticing me noticing what she just noticed and she busts out laughing. Then I try to contain my laughter. I’ve got to tell y’all. It was getting’, getting’, gettin’ kinda hectic for a moment. There we were, two strangers on a miserable morning commute united by the power, the hectic and heavy power of Snap! This makes coming to work bearable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home