wait, what? just blog

I know, I know... I bitch. But what else are these things good for? Enjoy following my near panic attacks, threats of bodily harm on the public and just general rants on every and anything.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Shootout at the O-Gay Corral


Shootout at the O-Gay Corral
Originally uploaded by duckydale.
So I’m jolted awake at 12:40am by a rather loud noise and a semi-whimper-yell. I roll over, readjust, settle back in. I hear a man calmly yelling for help. I listen more closely. Our bedroom windows are wide open and its not too late so some drunk kids could be out playing, you never know. Listen… “I’ve been shot…” Jon and I are now both up! Hello. So that noise that woke me up, YEAH A FUCKING GUN SHOT right outside our bedroom window. Granted we are on the 4th floor, but this person is on the sidewalk on the other side of the street calling out because they’ve been SHOT. What? Jon’s now got his head out the window but neither of us can see a person. Jon deducts that the person occasionally yelling is by the church across from us. Neighbors are hanging out windows. The guys next door are out on their deck smoking away. As Jon runs downstairs to call 911 I hear a woman asking where he is. Apparently we weren’t the only ones that couldn’t find said victim. Sirens!
Jon’s on his way up with his cell phone. I tell him that someone’s already called and that I can hear sirens. Within seconds there are two ambulances, a paddy wagon and about 10 cop cars that swarm the street. The whole time from waking up to the cops arriving is maybe a minute and a half. It is comforting to know that if I get shot in my backyard which is apparently now a possibility – that medical assistance will be there within a minute.
Not kidding, within minutes they have the guy into the ambulance and rushed away. The cops clear out within 15 and it’s a quiet peaceful night again. I assess whether or not I should have a panic attack but realize I’m too tired. I swear I heard a cop say they caught “him” in the “lot” so I felt relieved and safe. Bedtime again! I mean wouldn’t they be casing the joint or something if there was a fugitive at large?
This morning when I woke, Jon and I were on the couch and I asked if he heard the guy scream that he was shot in the FOOT? Jon said he heard that too. Not so bad, what if he shot himself in the foot like a drunk jackass? Jon leaves for work. I turn on Fox25 and Q reports on the shooting. YEAH, the guy was shot in the CHEST and the have NO SUSPECTS as of yet. Great. Welcome to the South End bitch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home